Monday, July 15, 2013

Victoria Park / Crate Brewery






















After a really sweet picnic (potato chips / beer / salami / mozzarella) in Victoria Park, Brian wanted to stroll over to Olympic Park. After 30 minutes of walking, I began to doubt his sense of direction. We were walking along the edge of an expressway. Passing that garden centre - Growing Concerns - was really appropriate, especially because we turned a corner and started venturing into the Hackney Wick industrial park. There were no other people around and I was sure we were not heading anywhere. Well, I was wrong. We finally came up to the entrance of Olympic Park, but a guard told us that it was closed. Wind completely gone from sails. HOWEVER, we looked to the right and saw a vision of hipster heaven - tons of people drinking beer and eating pizza on the banks and moored boats of Regents Canal. Crate Brewery is in that industrial park (similar to the best brewery in the world) and is in a building that was once a print factory. So, this actually turned out better than expected. I am glad Olympic Park was closed. I learned a little about London's canals, we drank very good beer in a very unique spot with a view of a very trippy mural.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I am just now discovering this. Guess I'm not working today

    ReplyDelete