Friday, August 30, 2013

Abbey Road

The Beatles prepare to cross Abbey Road, 1969. Photo by Linda McCartney


It is not so easy to cross Abbey Road. It is a busy intersection. There are a good number of families risking the lives of their children by forcing them onto the zebra crossing for the photo opportunity. Me? I didn't even plan to cross the road. I was walking Michelle to a photo shoot in St. John's Wood. We were consulting the google map to find the photographer's studio and I noticed we were 1 block away from ABBEY ROAD. Sweetness, I am literally at the most famous crosswalk ever...rock n' roll history sightseeing with no prior planning.

With Michelle gone making modeling magic, I had resigned myself to the fact that I would not have a friend to photograph me crossing the road. I forged ahead fully fine with the photo-less experience. Turns out I did have my photograph taken - creepy surveillance-style - thanks to the Abbey Road Studio's Web Cam. They keep a log of people crossing the road for 24 hours. I watched myself cross that road a few times. Turns out I swing my left arm violently. Why didn't anyone tell me?

No comments:

Post a Comment